Sunday, May 16, 2010

Gooey Cinnamon Rolls - Take Two


Gooey Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing (Hungry Girl 200 under 200, Pg. 36, 126 calories, 3 weight watchers points, recipe makes 8 servings) - Diana and I tried this recipe on our last Hungry Girl night and we just couldn't get it to work out.  According to the recipe directions, you are supposed to roll out the crescent roll dough.  Crescent roll dough is elastic so you could roll it out and then it would just bounce back to the original form.  We tried so hard to get it to work but we couldn't.  Then we put the rolls on a cookie sheet and during the baking process, they fell apart and most of the cinnamon mix fell out.

So I decided to try this recipe again.  This time, I decided to roll the cinnamon rolls like crescent rolls.  I wasn't going to waste my time trying to roll out an elastic dough.  Once I rolled them into crescent form, I put them into a muffin pan sprayed with non-stick spray.  I figured in the muffin pan they would hold shape and keep the cinnamon mixture inside the roll.  This worked perfectly.  The rolls maintained their shape, kept all of the cinnamon mixture and they tasted great.  I put the cream cheese mixture in the fridge while the rolls were baking so it would be nice and cool on the fresh cinnamon rolls.  I do recommend eating the rolls while they are still warm if you are looking for that Cinnabun taste.

By rolling the dough crecent shaped and using a muffin pan, all past issues have been corrected.  Now I can highly recommend this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment