Sunday, May 16, 2010

New Recipe from the New Hungry Girl Book

Hungry Girl just came out with a new cookbook--Hungry Girl 1-2-3.  While my mother was in town visiting for Spring Break, we decided to try one of the new recipes.  Since we are Italian and we love chicken, we made an appropriate selection.

Pan Fried Chicken Parm (Hungry Girl 1-2-3, Pg. 60, 258 calories, makes 2 servings) - This recipe is basically the Italian version of the Fiber-ific Chicken.  I did make this recipe pan fried as directed but the next time I make it, I'm going to bake the chicken.  I personally prefer baked chicken over the fried versions--I also prefer it as a cooking method, frying makes the stove top all messy.  I followed the recipe except I did substitute the tomato sauce with the no salt added tomato sauce that I added my own spices to.  Overall, it was an OK recipe.  We both liked it but it seemed to be missing something.

Next time, I think I will try adding my own spices to the fiberone mix and bake the chicken.  It is definitely a good recipe to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment