Sunday, May 16, 2010

Shake and Bake Hungry Girl Style

Fiber-ific Fried Chicken Strips (Hungry Girl, Pg. 112, 277 calories) - If you like Shake and Bake Chicken, you'll love these.  I highly recommend this recipe to everyone.  This recipe is for a single serving--8 chicken strips.  The first time I made this recipe, it was a little bland.  Now I add seasonings to the fiberone mix and put some bbq sauce in the egg mix.  I also bake the recipe instead of frying it. 

Being a single person and a stressed out teacher, I tend to make this recipe on Sundays.  I make two chicken breasts and wind up getting three meals.  I have the rubbermaid take-alongs with the dividers so I can make up a few meals for during the week.  I like to combine the chicken with the butternut mashed potatoes or steamed vegetables.  (For those who live in the LA area, go to Super King in Altadena for a wide assortment of fresh veggies at extremely affordable prices--so much better than Ralphs. Vons or Albertsons pricewise).

No comments:

Post a Comment