Friday, May 21, 2010

Slow-Cookin' BBQ Chicken

Slow-Cookin' BBQ Chicken (HG 1-2-3, pg.174)

Dishes Used- 3
Fire Alarms- 0
First Aid Incidents- 0
Matthew Annoyance Level- 0

I prepared the ingredients and chicken the night before.  In the morning before I left for work I dumped everything into the crock pot and set it to low.  When I got home at 3 my apartment smelled REALLY good and made me hungry.  I pulled out the chicken to shred.  Most of the BBQ sauce was toasty and caked on to the bottom with a thick layer on the chicken.  It looked sad, not like what I expected.  I made ANOTHER mixture of her BBQ sauce and poured it in with the shredded chicken.  I left it on low until Matt came home.  It looked better, but neither Matt nor I cared for the taste of the sauce.  If I did it again I would try it with the usual pre-made BBQ sauce we buy at costco and forget her sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment